Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Getting to the Point

As a recent college graduate, my life has been full of transitions, some more expected than others. With graduation comes moving out and away from what has been home for the past four years, finding a new home or returning to your old roots, searching for a job or looking toward grad school...the list only continues. My journey involved moving back home, letting go of some of my independence (not to mention pride), settling in to a 40-hour work week, doing something new, but by no means invigorating, coping with being surrounded by few friends, and letting go of spontaneity. I know I am one of many who have been thrown into what parents and professors have up until now referred to as "the real world," learning how to swim, or what I would like to refer to as catching dandelions. Someone once told me that every time she made a wish on a dandelion and watched the seeds disperse through the air, she pictured each seed as a different one of her dreams being taken and swept up with the breeze. This imagery always stuck with me as I remembered being a young girl hoping with everything in me that my dandelion wish would come true. Up until graduation from college, we spend our lives dreaming of when we grow up and are no longer in school and how we want to spend our lives thereafter. I am in the midst of searching, as I know so many others are currently, will be in the future, or may remember being in long ago. This blog will simply be my written journey of processing through my twenties and trying to catch those dandelions that hold my dreams and make them a reality.

1 comment: